The Dining Hall and Kitchen have remained pretty well untouched since we first moved in. Seeing an Opportunity to create a larger space to store our Masonic texts and to put in a gathering space, we decided to "just add some walls".. but that turned out to be a larger project.
It started with a test of the ceiling tiles to be sure there was no asbestos... carving out a few pieces and sending to the lab... they are 97% fibrous paper and 3%glue. We were safe to move on with the ceiling removal
WB Ty removing tiles, and the dust was alot
From the west Dining looking East
After a lot of dust... several "mouse nests"... and other unpleasant things.. .the ceiling was down
...and the Kitchen
Removing the cabinets in the East side of the kitchen was the next task. These cabinets had 3 sinks in them, and side cabinets which haven't been used in years.
There was a lot of space in those sinks.
The floor under the cabinets need some work
Cleaned up.. just needs to have some new concrete poured
Once we pour concrete into the space on the floor, and provide a stable place to build the new divider wall, we can continue with the project.
I was very happy with the progress we made in the 4 days we worked on this.